Today's post is brought to you by our favorite mom-to-be, Corri McFadden. Expecting or not, we've all experienced that afternoon snack attack or craving, and Corri is sharing her go-to Foxtrot picks this week!
During my pregnancy I’ve had my fair share of cravings, some expected (pickles, anyone?!) and others not so much, like watermelon with sea salt. Lucky for me, Foxtrot has been there when a craving strikes! Using their app, I can order whatever Baby Z desires at that moment, and have it at my door in under an hour. I’ve even made a habit of placing an order for fresh fruit through Foxtrot before I workout, so when I come home it’s waiting for me. No more scrambling for breakfast! Whether you’re craving sweet, savory or salty, Foxtrot has something to satisfy your cravings, and it’s as easy as the click of a button. As an added bonus, use the code CORRICRAVINGS for free delivery!
St. Patrick's Day might not officially be until Monday, but we know you'll be starting the festivities early this weekend- with that in mind, Foxtrot has teamed up with The Eastman Egg Company to offer special pre-order packages, delivered to your front door on Saturday morning.
Featuring Eastman Egg's delicious, handcrafted breakfast sandwiches and freshly brewed coffee alongside your favorite Irish drinks, these packages are perfect for kicking off your weekend of river dyeing, pub-crawling and other shenanigans.
So here's how it works:
- From today through this Friday at 4 p.m., you can place a pre-order of one of our readymade St. Patrick's Day packages (full menu below), or mix and match à la carte to create your own. An epic pack of Irish whiskeys? Go for it.
- When you add a pre-order package or item to your cart, you'll be prompted to choose one of four Saturday morning delivery windows:
8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Place your order as usual, then sit back and relax knowing you're set for the weekend- we'll be at your door Saturday during your selected delivery window.
Check out all your options below, and shamrock shuffle over to the app to place your pre-order. And thanks to our friends at popchips, you'll definitely get lucky this weekend- free popchips with every pre-ordered package!
We'll see you Saturday!
See this guy on the right? He's the newest member of the team, and he needs a name! Calling him 'hey you' for the rest of his life seems a little rude, so that's where you come in: Now through the end of the month, share your name suggestions with us for the chance to get some $$ toward your next delivery.
Our favorite gets a $15 Foxtrot credit and the distinguished title of Fox Whisperer (way cooler than a dog whisperer).
How to enter:
- Leave a comment below with a name for our furry new friend (don't forget to include your own name so we know who you are!)
- Share it on social (aka Twitter, Facebook or Instagram)- be sure to tag and follow us (@foxtrotchicago) so we see it
Ready? Put on your thinking caps, channel your inner celebrity and get creative. We can't wait to see what you come up with!
*The fine print: Entries will be accepted Wednesday, Feb. 19 through Friday, Feb. 28 and the winner will be announced by the second week of March. You may submit multiple names. The winner will receive a promo code worth $15 to use on Foxtrot. And let's keep it clean, people- think of the children!
Our friends at popchips wanted to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day with a little something extra this weekend- enjoy! We know it'll be love at first bite.
Our dinner entrée selections are prepared fresh daily and available from 5 to 9 p.m.
- Entrée: Macaroni & Cheese or Asian BBQ Turkey Quinoa Meatballs
- Side: Roasted Vegetables
- Drink Pairings: Zardetto Organic Prosecco, Chanrion Cote de Bruilly, Firestone Walker Pivo Pils
- Entrée: Salmon- your choice of Cider Glazed, Maple Mustard or Honey Lime
- Side: Roasted Vegetables
- Drink Pairings: Laetitia Pinot Noir, Gruet Brut, Surly CynicAle Saison
- Entrée: All Natural Rotisserie Chicken
- Sides: Pre-made Salad, Macaroni & Cheese
- Drink Pairings: La Crema Pinot Noir, E. Guigal Cotes Du Rhone, Berghoff Germaniac
- Entrée: Artisan Pizza (14" with 8 slices)- your choice of Margherita, Spinach & Mushroom, Buffalo Chicken or Sausage & Peppers
- Side: Pre-made Salads
- Drink Pairings: Allegrini Palazo della Torre, Recuerdo Torrontes, Bell's Two Hearted Ale
- Entrée: Hand-Rolled Sushi- your choice of Spicy Tuna, Avocado, California or Veggie Tempura
- Sides: Edamame, Gyoza Dumplings, Seaweed Salad
- Drink Pairings: Dog Point Sauvignon Blanc, Nihon Sakari Junmai Sake, Hitachino Nest White Ale
- Entrée: All Natural Niman Ranch Flank Steak
- Sides: Roasted Vegetables, Brussel Sprouts, Pre-made Salads
- Drink Pairings: Clos Du Val Cabernet Sauvignon, Rombauer Chardonnay or Stone IPA
- Entrée: All Natural Rotisserie Chicken
- Sides: Roasted Vegetables, Pre-made Salads, Baguette
- Drink Pairings: Ferrari Brut, Meiomi Pinot Noir, Etienne Dupond Cidre Bouche Brut de Normandie
Feel that, Chicago? Love is in the air, Valentine’s Day is here, and even if you've waited to the last minute we're here to ensure this is still your most successful and stress-free Valentine’s ever. To make it even sweeter, keep reading for a special Valentine promo code, thanks to our friends at Vosges Haut-Chocolat!
Whether you’ve already found your soul mate or have been looking for a way to let that cute neighbor know how you really feel, Foxtrot is making it easy to share your feelings with our handpicked packages featuring sweets from Vosges. These grown-up versions of those middle school candy-grams are a romantic and mysterious gesture with just enough of a hint of nostalgia to make hearts go aflutter.
For Your Love
We bet you already shout your love from the rooftops all the other 364 days of the year, but for a little extra volume on the 14th, this one’s for you— a dozen beautiful red roses, mouth-watering Vosges Volupte Caramel Heart Bonbons and a bottle of Moet & Chandon bubbly to top it off.
For Your Crush
If a Friendzone Eliminator Kit or posting a craigslist missed connection isn’t your style, this is the perfect way to break the ice with that cutie you’re crushing on. Who could say no to a dozen pretty pink roses, soft & cuddly bear, and a Vosges Milagro Chocolate Heart Lollipop? Irresistible.
Singles Awareness Day
Okay, we hear ya—this is getting a little sappy, and we know Valentine’s Day isn’t all puppies and rainbows for everyone. Get this one for a night in with the girls—with a bottle of Chandon Rose, a dozen pieces of Vosges Petits Chocolats and a handmade Wild Cherry Lollipop, cupid will be the last thing on your mind.
And to complete the package, you'll also be able to select one of our message cards to include with your special delivery:
Simple, right? If you're feeling inspired, you can mix and match any of the above items, plus a few of our other favorites (like hand-poured candles, and made-from-scratch cupcakes and macarons) to create your own one-of-a-kind package. We're here to make your life easier, and Valentine's Day is no exception. Go get ‘em, tiger.
The Foxtrot Team
*Thanks to our friends at Vosges, use promo code Vosges for free Valentine's delivery all weekend.
Happy New Year!
Now that the holiday celebrations are over and we're all back to the daily grind, we have to ask...how's it going with sticking to those resolutions? Between us, we understand if you've already broken a few (we can blame it on the polar vortex), but at some point you’ll have to come out of hibernation and stop eating Hot Cheetos for every meal. To help you start the New Year on the right foot, we’re providing some clean options to help you stick to your newly minted goals.
We know you've got a list of goals that you’re hoping to achieve, and we've made some big ones of our own this year, too. We pride ourselves on not only providing fast, high quality service, but also giving you a unique and specially curated menu of the best of what Chicago has to offer. We've got some exciting things cooking (we’ll share those when the time is right, fear not), including the addition and integration of more hometown companies’ products to what we offer. We know you agree with us that Chicago is the greatest (even when it’s -15 outside), and we want to share the wealth of up-and-coming local suppliers – purely for your enjoyment, of course.
This week, we've got some great choices to help you out, including: Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day products, Yogi Teas, Brad’s Raw Leafy Kale, fresh-cut fruit and warm oatmeal. Want to eat and drink clean and show your Chicago loyalty? Try local companies offering clean goodness including Lifeway Foods’ Kefir Probiotic Smoothies and Twofold’s glazed almonds to cure any hunger pangs or bouts of thirst.
Foxtrot is keeping pace with you – supporting your on-demand and delivery needs, whatever they may be. And don’t forget to stay tuned - we've got some big plans and exciting news to share – follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to stay in the loop in 2014.
Mike, Brian and Taylor
Happy New Year, Chicago! Our New Year's post is brought to you by Chicago's very own Corri McFadden. Corri is the founder of eDrop-Off, a well-known life and style tastemaker, and not to mention, a huge fan of Foxtrot!
Ringing in the New Year comes with great joy as my fiancé Spiro and I will be welcoming a new baby this summer. And although this brings much excitement, it also means this years celebration will be much different than the past. I now need to swap my bubbly for some Vitamin C and refuel with healthier foods including lots of fresh fruits.
I’m planning an intimate New Years brunch for two (and a half!) and selected my favorite items from Foxtrot to help ring in this monumental year for myself and Spiro. I created the perfect mix of items to satisfy any post celebration craving (and a few extras in case my honey needs to….)
If you’re too exhausted to get out of bed, or just don’t want to go out into the horrible cold, Foxtrot is the answer! You can order all of these items right from your phone, without even lifting your head from the pillow!
Sweets have always been a must on my menu and I couldn’t resist these scrumptious donuts. I can never decide which flavor I like best so I decided to get a variety of them all.
For a slightly healthier sweet snack, I also decided to make yogurt parfaits with the “Breadworks Addictive Granola”…and they are not kidding with this name!
The bacon and egg muffins have been a staple for my morning rush and the protein bump is perfect after a late night. Oh, and who doesn’t like bacon!?
Grapes, strawberries, kiwi….yes, please!
Now on to the serious stuff – the cocktails. Since I cannot partake in these festivities, I decided to go all out and let Spiro celebrate for all of us! An extensive Bloody Mary Bar is always a must to “Hair the Dog” and we have lots to celebrate, so Moet is in order! For me, green tea to warm up!
Oh, and who can forget my favorite part – DÉCOR! Roses because I love The Bachelor (ha just kidding!)…just a nice touch to warm up the table along with these amazing candles. Add place cards and you have a delicious brunch to kick off 2014!
For more from our friend Corri, check out her amazing site - http://www.corrimcfadden.com/
Happy Holidays, Chicago! We hope you take a minute (or two) to relax, let that Christmas ham digest and spend time with those you love most. You deserve it.
You didn’t think we forgot your gift, did you? Surprise!
Jokes aside—we’re so grateful that you’ve helped Foxtrot grow this year, and as our gift to you, we offer a sincere ‘thank you’ alongside free delivery through the weekend with promo code merry.
Mike, Brian and Taylor
Don’t let the winter weather freeze your brain – even though Chicago feels like it could be the North Pole, you are not Santa Claus (wearing the suit and a fake beard to a party doesn’t count), and your holiday shopping list hasn’t magically purchased itself. Oh, we should probably also mention the fact that there’s less than one week until Christmas. Six days, to be precise.
[insert “Oh sh*t” moment here]
Before you do something drastic, like going into hiding until after the New Year, here’s the good news – if you forgot a gift for your family member/significant other/in-laws (yikes)/co-worker/dog-walker, or haven’t even made a list yet, we have you covered. We’ve got something for everyone in our handpicked Holiday Gift Aisle, plus a few handy last minute shopping tips to guide you through the chaos. Forget fighting crowds on the Mag Mile, falling into the black hole of online shopping, or reaching the ultimate moment of desperation: giving up and buying everyone a message bean. As tempting as it is, put the SkyMall catalog down, back away slowly, and let our guide do the work for you.
Let’s start with a few key tips:
- Set your budget. Money doesn’t grow on trees, unless you somehow got your hands on a StubHub Ticket Oak, so be realistic and put a limit to your spending. It sounds cliché, we know, but bigger isn’t necessarily better, and you don’t have to break the bank (or run up your credit card bill) for the perfect gift.
- Take your time. This might sound counterintuitive with Christmas only a few days away, but you don’t want to rush into buying the first thing you see. Know your audience, so to speak, and take the time to find something meaningful and relevant. Even if your gift is a little belated, it’s better late than never!
- Buy extras. Ever had that moment of panic when someone unexpectedly hands you a nicely wrapped present? Yeah, us too. Our advice is to keep a few stocking-stuffer style gifts on hand so you’re prepared for the sneak gifting attack. Even if you don’t end up giving them as holiday gifts, you’re already set for the next birthday or anniversary.
Now on to the goods – here are a few of our favorites when you need a gift in a pinch:
- Meet the Parents. First holiday with the future in-laws? No stress. Mirabelle Fine Pastries 6” Cakes are made to impress, adding a sophisticated and delicious touch to the dessert table.
- Life of the Party. That friend who is always the designated bartender at parties? Stu’s This is Bloody Mary Mixology Kit has everything they need to create their own signature Bloody Mary. (Don’t forget to volunteer yourself as a taste tester!)
- Stocking Stuffer. There’s always one person who wishes they could have a freshly cut Christmas tree in their house year-round. The amazing scent of the Thymes Frasier Fir Holiday Wood Wick Candle will get them through the other 11 months (without all the pine needle mess). Even better? It’s packaged ready for giving, topped with a hand-tied grosgrain ribbon and a custom gift tag. That was easy.
- Noel Necessities. Don’t forget to complete the package with Lisa Samartino Holiday Cards. These holiday greetings from the award-winning designer are almost too cute to send. Almost.
Feel better? Less panicked? Excellent. Take a deep breath, keep these tips in mind, and remember: if you haven’t already checked everyone off your list, just pull up Foxtrot for our full list of curated gifting picks, including the perfect bottle of wine for your party hosts, plush penguins for the kids, candles for stocking stuffers, and holiday cards and gift bags to seal the deal. You may not have spent weeks planning out the perfect gifts (that’ll be our little secret), but it will sure look like you did. Happy shopping!
Don’t panic – everything is going to be just fine. Ok, so you’ve left your holiday party to the last minute, not the end of the world (seriously). Take a deep breath, count to 10, get out your notepad – we’re here to help. Whether you’ve been too busy procrastinating or had the genius idea to throw an on-the-fly ugly Christmas sweater party (both acceptable reasons), we’re going to make sure you throw the most amazing [last minute] holiday soiree.
We went all out for you – we went to industry experts to pull together the must-do list to organize a holiday party in a flash! Follow these easy steps, and your party will be such a success that you’ll be the new reigning king or queen of party hosting awesomeness well into the New Year – after all, who doesn’t like a little extra attention?
1. Send invites. Immediately. This is crucial. You’re aware this is the shortest holiday season in over decade, aren’t you? Never mind - what we’re trying to say is, calendars are filling up and you don’t want to fall to the bottom of the priority list. Send an Evite, shoot out emails, send that group text, or hop on the phone to get your party on the books. Now!
2. What’s on your plate? Dinner or apps? Cocktails? Wine? Beer? It’s time to think about your menu. And actually, while we’re on this topic, it might be smart to check out our Holiday Party Aisle. If you’re feeling overwhelmed (and even if you’re not), let us help. Give us an hour and we can be at your doorstep, holiday essentials in hand to make you the greatest party host…EVER.
3. Choose a theme. From an ugly sweater party to a dressed-up cocktail party, it’s nice to let your guests know what to expect so they can dress accordingly. So please – let them know. It’s always embarrassing to show up in one of these when everyone else is in formal wear.
4. Think about hiring on-site help. Assuming you want to enjoy your own party, having an extra hand to help will be a life changing experience. Reach out to a local caterer – they have staff trained specifically to assist with in-home parties. This person can help serve beverages, replenish food on the buffet, clean dishes, you name it. #gamechanger
While we encourage planning a party well in advance, we’re here for the last minute items you may have missed – from holiday décor to charcuterie & cheese and the most popular Christmas brews and bubbly (did we mention ours is on sale?), we’ve got you covered. Here’s to the best damn [last minute] holiday party you’ve ever thrown! Good luck – we’d love to know how it goes.
Feeling adventurous, or just not sure what to pair with dinner tonight? Let us help! Every Tuesday we'll be featuring a few of our favorite drinks or eats at a great Foxtrot price for the week. Be sure to scroll to the end of this post for a delicious eggnog recipe using the Bulleit Bourbon.
Looking for these picks in the app? Check out the “Foxtrot Specials” section for each week's featured products.
Bulleit Frontier Bourbon
List Price $37
Foxtrot Price $33
In 1987, Thomas E. Bulleit Jr. fulfilled a lifelong dream of reviving an old family bourbon recipe by starting the Bulleit Distilling Company. Inspired by his great-great-grandfather Augustus Bulleit, who made a high-rye whiskey between 1830-1860, Bulleit Bourbon is distilled and aged in small batches. Made from 68% corn, 28% rye, 4% malted barley, the high rye content gives it bold, spicy notes with a distinctively smooth, clean finish. Kentucky limestone-filtered water provides a foundation for the bourbon's character, while charred American oak barrels lend a smoky backbone.
Medium amber in color, with gentle spiciness and sweet oak aromas. Mid-palate is smooth with tones of maple, oak, and nutmeg. Finish is long, dry and satiny with a light toffee flavor. 90 proof (45% ABV)
Rancho Zabaco 2010 Dry Creek Valley Zinfandel
List Price $19
Foxtrot Price $12
Steal of the year! We just bought the last 60 cases of this classic Dry Creek Valley Zinfandel, and at $12, this is the best red around. Lots of dense red and black fruit flavors with Zin’s trademark spiciness. Great with roasts, cheese, or just by itself.
Stadt Krems 2012 Gruner Veltliner, Kremstal (Austria)
List Price $16
Foxtrot Price $14
Don’t let the Germanic sounding name scare you. This wine is dry, crisp and delicious. If you like Sauvignon Blanc, un-oaked Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio, you will dig Gruner, or Groovy as we call it. Great with cheese, salads, sushi and white meats.
Southern Tier 2Xmas Seasonal
List Price $12
Foxtrot Price $11
Inspired by the spice infused booze mixture, Swedish Glogg, the 2Xmas is pumped up with figs, orange peel, cardamom, clove and ginger root. This is a limited edition- get it while it's hot.
In honor of the holidays, here is one of our favorite eggnog recipes:
- 2 ounces Bulleit Bourbon
- ¾ ounces cream
- ¾ ounces Sugar Syrup (1:1 sugar:water by volume)
- 1 egg yolk
1. Combine everything in a shaker and dry shake it all vigorously together for ten seconds.
2. Add ice to shaker and shake again, then strain, and grate nutmeg and cinnamon over the top.
Easy right? Oh and if you don't already have it, be sure to download the app at http://bit.ly/18zjnC2.
- The Foxtrot Team
We’ve got something pretty incredible going on here at Foxtrot. We’re proud of our humble beginnings and are beyond excited for what’s next. Before we get to that, we should start from the beginning, so we can tell you about where we’re going…which, we’re glad to say, is in a totally awesome direction.
Like most creations of greatness, Foxtrot was born from necessity. After a long day, all we really wanted was to sit on the couch, have a beer and unwind. The problem, however, was we never seemed to have a stocked fridge, and by the time we had gotten comfortable, it was too late. There was no going back out to the store, no getting up from the depths of the couch. Cue the depressing Celine Dion soundtrack.
We think it’d be tough to find anyone who hasn’t experienced something similar. It then occurred to us – we needed to create the next great on-demand service, delivering the best of Chicago’s wine, beer, spirits, fresh foods and everything in between to be delivered quickly and easily (read: in under an hour).
Thus, Foxtrot was born.
Our vision goes far past a simple beer delivery. We’ve developed one of the most interesting and selective menus in Chicago, pulling from locally sourced wines, craft beer (and the usual suspects, if a good ol’ fashioned Coors Light is your thing), spirits alongside fresh foods, snacks and other must-have household items, that can all be accessed with an incredibly sleek and easy-to-use app.
Not only have we created an impressive and uniquely curated menu, we also offer special packages, picks of the day and last minute gifts that can be selected and delivered in under an hour. Yes, we mean that. Whatever you need, from a quiet night in to hosting a cocktail party or football game day extravaganza, we’ve got you covered. No stress, no last minute runs to the store …we’ll bring what you want to your doorstep.
Yes, Chicago, this is real life. We’re introducing you to what will inevitably become your new favorites while also providing classic staples, literally allowing you to put this great city on-demand.
We’ll do the work, and all YOU have to do is use those fingers and pick exactly what you want directly from our app. Check us out for yourself – head on over to the iPhone app store (Android app coming soon) and download Foxtrot, and use promo code Hello to take 20% off your order …go ahead, try it tonight. We’re going to bet you’ll be thrilled.
Mike, Brian and Taylor
Founders - Foxtrot Chicago